Force Field Holding B.V. and all its subsidiaries (Force Field B.V., Force Field Entertainment B.V., Force Field HBE Studio B.V. (doing business as Vanguard Games), Force Field LBE Studio B.V. and Force Field Productions B.V.), hereafter: Force Field, is committed to maximizing your experience on its website and its products within a trusted environment and respect your privacy, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What types of personal data does Force Field collect and how will it be used?
Force Field collects personal data when you use our website and our products. The information we collect is used exclusively for communication and marketing research purposes. We keep the data we collect to a minimum and only collect your data if we must do so depending on the service we provide or when this data is automatically collected when you use our products.
The majority of content on our site is offered without us collecting any personally identifiable information from you. There are a few activities on our site where the collection of personal data is necessary. The data we collect in these cases concern; your name and email address and all the other information you provide us within your contact with us.
These activities include:
- signing up for an email newsletter or other online information service we may offer,
- entering a contest,
- answering a survey*,
- contacting us using a webform
In all of those instances, we will offer you channels to contact us in case you desire to delete the information we have of you and we only keep the data as long as needed for the purposes of use.
Surveys are conducted strictly for internal profiling purposes and only keep track of information you provide us with which can not be directly traced back to a person (e.g., age, games played, consoles owned).
We collect personal information contained in the email for the purpose of responding to a visitor’s questions and/or comments.
From time to time, we may post on our website job openings at Force Field and provide an email address to which interested applicants can submit their resumes. The data we collect solely for this purpose can consist of your first and last name, date of birth, gender, nationality, education, marital status, and contact details such as your e-mail address, postal address and telephone number, and all other personal details stated in your application.
The information you provide us with for this purpose will be used solely for its intended purpose (i.e., to evaluate the applicant’s qualifications). We hold on to this information for one month. We keep this information for two years after you have applied in case a possible position becomes available, but only if you explicitly confirm to us that we are allowed to do so. You can also contact us to remove our records and the personal information we have of you at any time.
Our digital products, which consist of our VR games and experiences* and other game products, collect anonymous data based on your experience and we will never store any personally identifiable information, strictly following the GDPR definition of such data, which includes your name, IP address, username, e-mail address and any other information related to you directly.
On which legal grounds does Force Field collect your data?
Force Field only collects data when there is a legal ground to do so. These legal grounds consist of:
- In the performance of a contract
- In case there is a legitimate interest: for example, when the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalize, or otherwise improve our services to the benefit of the website's users. Or, to enhance the security of our services and determine if our marketing is effective.
- Based upon your consent: for example, when you subscribe to our newsletters
- What happens if I refuse to provide my personal information to Force Field?
- If you choose not to submit personally identifiable information when requested, you may not be able to access certain areas of our website or our products and you may considerably limit the services we can provide you. Still, we consistently ask for your permission whenever we need such information to be sent to us and provide you with the right information regarding the limitations and options you have to refuse or accept sending us such data.
A “cookie” is a small file or record-keeping device that websites often store on a user’s computer. (You can disable cookies or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent to your computer.).
With whom does Force Field share my personally identifiable information?
From time to time, we may employ and share your personal information with vendors who use it solely to provide support for the internal operations of our website (e.g., technical support and network delivery) or social features of our products.
These entities will not use your personally identifiable information for any other purpose and have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the personal information they obtain from us. With these entities, we have entered into a Processor Agreement.
We don’t (at this moment) share data with parties outside the EER. If we ever do so we will make sure to take additional measures, such as entering into an additional agreement with such party to ensure an adequate level of data protection for you.
It is our policy not to share, sell, or rent your personal information to any company not directly related to the manufacture or publishing of Force Field products. We may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that we are required to do so by law or to comply with legal processes, respond to any claims or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Force Field or the public.
Your rights regarding the information Force Field collects
Under the GDPR, you as a subject have the following rights:
- The right of inspection. This means that you can request access to the personal data we have collected from you. We will send you your data in a .csv-file.
- The right to rectify your data if it is incorrect.
- The right to delete your data, also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’.
- The right to object to (future) processing of your data or to limit it, provided there is no legal basis that prevents this.
- The right to revoke your consent to processing that you have issued. For instance, if you don’t want to receive our newsletters anymore.
- The right of data portability. This means that you can request us to hand you over the (digital) information we have collected from you (with your consent) so you can hand this over to another data controller.
If you want to make such a request please contact us, at any time, via email at privacy@ForceFieldVR.com. We will review and ask upon your request within one month and send you a confirmation.
What is Force Field’s policy regarding links to third party sites?
What safeguards does Force Field use to protect my personally identifiable information?
We maintain appropriate safeguards that ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of the personally identifiable information we collect from all visitors. Personal information collected by us is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public and are only accessible by authorized employees. We also have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
How do I ask a question or file a complaint?
If you feel like having to you can also file a complaint at the Dutch Data Protection Authority in The Hague (https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/).
Data Retention: Applications
Applications and job position submissions are kept in our records for a maximum of one month (or two years after your explicit consent), and after this period all records, CVs, and information are removed from our databases.
Data Retention: Products
Our products do not store data that identifies you. During your time with one of the products, we may collect information about your experiences, such as progress, scores, and unlocked content, but, using a one-way encryption system, we can guarantee that your data is anonymous when it reaches our databases. This means that all data collected within our products can never be used to identify you in any way.
How will we notify you of changes to this policy?