SENIOR 3D ANIMATOR
The Senior 3D Animator is responsible for setting the bar for character and creature animation on cutting edge VR platforms. Using Unreal, you will be responsible for breathing life and believability into our interactive worlds; from objects, props and environmental flourishes, all the way through to a wide variety of humans, quadrupeds, and everything in-between!
Create convincing creature, character and object animations
Work with game designers to implement the animations into the game engine
Set the animation style and help improve / maintain pipeline
Mentor less experienced animators to improve their artistic and technical output
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent understanding of human and animal body mechanics and excellent eye for core animation principles (timing, weight etc.);
- Knowledge of both hand keyed and motion captured animation;
- Advanced knowledge of animation within a game engine and knowledge of game engine implementation (UE4 preferred);
- Advanced rigging & skinning knowledge;
- Strong modeling & texturing knowledge (to prevent edge loop problems etc.).
- Expert rigging and skinning;
- Experience with ART in Maya & UE4;
- Affinity and experience with VR games.
- You are driven and experienced senior 3D game animator;
- You are creative and structured;
- Ideally you have 4+ years of game industry experience in or close to a senior role.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A culture that values a healthy work-life balance;
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam;
- Flexible working hours;
- Benefits according to experience and job;
- 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more;
- A healthy lunch buffet with regular hot meals and specials;
- 30% Income tax ruling for eligible expats;
- Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation;
- Free pension plan;
- Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam;
- Group activities and an annual VR game jam;
- Friday afternoon drinks;
- The latest VR hardware which you can borrow and take home.
For this vacancy we only consider candidates that are eligible to work in the EU (no visa required).