We are looking for a talented Senior Graphics / Engine Programmer who is passionate about Unreal. As a Senior Engine Programmer you will be working together with the rest of the studio, but mostly with the art department to create optimal and attractive solutions for our VR games. Interested applicants should possess an excellent grounding in graphics theory, good math skills, a keen eye for detail, and a natural ability to communicate as part of a creative team.
WHAT’S THIS JOB ALL ABOUT?
Being an expert unreal graphics / engine programmer that knows how to maximize the usage of unreal
WHICH SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
· A minimum of 5 years working experience within the games / other rendering industry ;
· Strong C++ experience;
· Unreal 4 experience;
· Experience in identifying bottlenecks and optimizing rendering and game code.
· Extensive knowledge of low-level shader programming and GPU hardware
· Ability to debug engine level code
· Ability to collaborate with artists on graphics techniques
· Computer Science Degree;
· Experience with working with larger code bases;
· Strong fundamentals in object oriented programming, design patterns, algorithms and data structures;
· Focus on quality at all stages of development and operation;
· Commitment to writing clear, well-tested, maintainable and extendable code;
NICE TO HAVES:
· Shipped 1 or more video game titles;
· Experience with complex engine system development;
· Hobby projects showing your passion & experience in working on engines and with C++.
· Experience with mobile rendering;
HOW ABOUT YOU AS A PERSON?
· You have good communication skills and are thus able to work together with artists to setup and implement specific rendering and optimization features for a project;
· You are able to write quality code, that is maintainable and extendable and test and bug fix this code in order to fully finalize a feature;
· Specific knowledge on gaming systems (VR systems, consoles, mobile platforms, etc) are preferred.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
· Working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues;
· A great spot to learn and share knowledge;
· Benefits according to experience and job;
· A healthy work-life balance;
· Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam.
For this vacancy we only consider candidates that are eligible to work in the EU (no visa required).