JUNIOR QA Tester
We are Vertigo Studios, the largest VR developer in the world and part of the Embracer Group, the largest group of developers in the world.
As a Junior QA Tester you will be responsible for running day to day test cases and requests, assuring quality and compliance of our games across multiple platforms and projects.
Testers will report, manage and track bugs through our bug tracking systems in a clear and consistent format, adding supporting evidence and examples that better highlight the issue. As part of the QA department you’ll work closely with the development teams to ensure that tests are completed in accordance with milestones and test requests from the team.
You are proactive with a keen attention to detail and driven to thoroughly test as well as examine all parts of gameplay and experiences, from the functional mechanics to the overall user experience. You keep this attention to detail, even after testing the same element of the game multiple times. You possess good communication skills and are able to isolate bugs and determine a solid reproduction method.
- Conduct usability, functionality, performance, load and qualitative tests
- Methodically execute general and specific test plans to ensure proper testing of all features and aspects of the games
- Proactively identify, chase, and assist in the resolution of critical issues in the build at all times
- Share knowledge with the rest of the testing team
- Monitor and effectively utilize bug tracking databases
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 1 year experience as tester
- Experience in testing certain elements of a game (e.g. beta testing or such)
- Focus and drive to find the most hidden bugs, even if it means repeating things over and over again
- Solid understanding of gameplay mechanics
- Strong bug and build status reporting skills
- Experience as a QA tester, preferably in games development
- Experience with design / development on multiple platforms, with VR is an added bonus
- Familiar with compliance testing on various platforms
- You’re able to prioritize your time and manage your daily tasks
- You have good communication and organizational skills
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- You clearly communicate in English
- You stay cool under pressure and are able to efficiently prioritize workload accordingly to upcoming deadlines
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working hours
- 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
- A healthy lunch in our canteen (when working from the office)
- 30% Income tax reduction for eligible expats
- Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation
- Free pension plan
- Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam
- Group activities and an annual VR game jam (also whilst working from home)
- Friday afternoon drinks (online)
- The latest VR hardware which you can borrow and take home
For this vacancy we only consider candidates that are eligible to work in the EU (no visa required).