Are you looking to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team to implement engaging game features and systems for our groundbreaking (VR) games and experiences?
Are you a comfortable cooperating closely with our creative team to deliver the very best?
Do you know how to dive into a large codebase to track down that tiny detail that has caused a big issue, to the delight of your fellow team members?
Are you capable of working with multiple game engines and have experience working with both Unity an Unreal to deliver high end games?
Then we are surely looking for you!
- To take ownership of a game feature or system’s implementation, working closely together with the tech lead to make it fit the complete codebase and working closely together with the designers to identify the technical constraints based on their creative guidance
- To use your knowledge of C++, C#, object orientation, design patterns, algorithms and data structures to create solid technical designs and efficient implementations of these game features and systems
- To analyze prototype code and come up with production quality systems that are robust and can stand the test of time in an iterative environment
- To constantly take performance into account so our games and experiences can keep running at a smooth frame rate, even when using mobile hardware to do so
- To analyze problems and debug them in order to quickly locate and fix challenging bugs
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ Years of professional experience creating games
- You have written a number of games in C++ and C# and have a proper understanding of all the basic concepts of the language like the object oriented approach, pointers and references, containers, inheritance, polymorphism, functions, structures and visibility
- You have created at least 1 (hobby) project using the Unreal Engine providing you with a good understanding on creating blueprints, optimizing code through usage of C++ and the Unreal pipeline
- You have created at least 1 (hobby) project using Unity providing you with a good understanding on C# scripting, profiling in unity and Unity’s core systems like rendering, physics and the development pipeline
- Experience with both C++ and C#
- Technical and creative at the same time
- Social and collaborative
- Experience with both Unity and Unreal
- Excited by the potential of creating games
- Permitted to work in the EU
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam
- Flexible working hours
- Benefits according to experience and job
- 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
- An onsite canteen offering an inexpensive healthy lunch
- Up to 30% income tax reduction for eligible expats
- Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation
- Free pension plan
- Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam
- Group activities and an annual VR game jam
- Friday afternoon drinks
- The latest VR hardware which you can borrow and take home