FULL STACK GAME DEVELOPER
Are you looking to work in a large game studio where different types of games and platforms are catered for. Are you looking to work with the latest technology, talented game designers and high quality graphics artists to create visually attractive and fun casual games?
Are you looking to use your wide range of technology knowledge to create efficient developer tools that improve the overall workflow?
Are you the person with the knowledge to create scalable, high performance and safe NodeJS instances on Amazon Web Services?
Then we are surely looking for you!
- To implement small size casual games from beginning to end, including client & server side work, database setup, deployment and release work
- To take ownership of these game features and systems, working closely together with the tech lead to make it fit the complete codebase and working closely together with the designers and artists to identify the technical constraints based on their creative guidance
- Design and implement secure and scalable architectures to serve game content to millions of users across the world
- To analyze problems and debug them in order to quickly locate and fix challenging bugs
- To constantly take performance into account so our games and experiences can keep running at a smooth framerate
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have experience in deploying and managing web applications through AWS, including monitoring, scaling, automation and handling load issues and server failures
- You have gone through a number of web projects from start to finish and thus have proper understanding of all the basic concepts and general workflow with good knowledge and appreciation of web standards
BONUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- It is a clear bonus if you have already created HTML5 games build on top of Canvas and WebGL before
- Experience with Phaser is a plus
- Technical and communicative at the same time
- Excited by the potential of new technology
- Permitted to work in the EU
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam
- Flexible working hours
- Benefits according to experience and job
- 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
- An onsite canteen offering an inexpensive healthy lunch
- Up to 30% income tax reduction for eligbile expats
- Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation
- Free pension plan
- Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam
- Group activities and an annual VR game jam
- Friday afternoon drinks
- The latest VR hardware which you can borrow and take home
For this vacancy we only consider candidates that are eligible to work in the EU (no visa required).